- Africa Educational Trust
- AET has a small grant program that offers South Africa Scholarships to assist in the payment of school fees for disadvantaged children. It also has a long-standing link with the University of Fort Hare to assist in the development of pan African countries, particularly Somalia and Southern Sudan.
- Kenneth Kirkwood was the first Professor of Race Relations at Oxford and Chairman of AET from 1987-1994. His memorial fund, Kenneth Kirkwood Fund, provides South Africa Scholarships to support for students from Southern Africa who encounter financial problems. First priority for this grant goes to students at St Antony’s College. So far, two students at St Antony’s have been assisted.
- Situated on the southern tip of the continent, South Africa is one of Africa’s super-powers and is the starting point for Room to Read in Africa. Room to Read selected South Africa as their first African country whom they offer South Africa Scholarships. This decision was the culmination of nearly a year of research and strategizing about potential expansion onto the second continent. In addition to the rural discrepancy there are other important educational issues facing South Africa, including educational opportunities for girls – although there is parity in enrollment rates between both genders, there is a growing need to keep girls in school.
SOUTH AFRICA UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIPS
BURSARIES & SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SOCIAL WORK in South Africa
- The National Department of Social Development is offering scholarships to the needy and deserving students of South Africa. Applications for South Africa Scholarships are invited from students who are pursuing or interested in enrolling for a Social Work qualification.
- The Community College Initiative Program enables individuals from Brazil, Cuba, Egypt, Ghana, Indonesia, Pakistan, South Africa, Turkey, and selected countries in Central America to spend one year studying at community colleges in the United States and earn a vocational certificate. This program also provides for South Africa Scholarships.
CHINESE GOVERNMENT Full Scholarships
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials; free accommodation on campus;
- Living allowance;
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China;
- One-off inter-city travel subsidy.
- Old Mutual is the largest and most well-established financial services provider in Southern Africa. Their prominent position in the industry is reflected in their strong operating performance across all our businesses, with good balance sheet position, strong financial flexibility with demonstrated access to international capital markets and diversity of business.
- Danish higher education institutions receive a limited number of government scholarships each year to fund highly qualified full-degree students from non-EU/EEA countries and Switzerland.
- The Government of India, through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), New Delhi, is offering the following scholarships for meritorious South African nationals for studies in India. Detailed information regarding the scholarships and the application forms can be collected from the: Indian Cultural Centre, Consulate General of India, Johannesburg.
Other South Africa Scholarships Opportunities for 2012
- Canadian Universities offer a world class education and generous scholarships to international students, including South Africa Scholarships. Here’s our list of the best opportunities.
- Numerous US Universities offer scholarships for international students, including South Africa Scholarships. We list only the best opportunities here.
- We’ve examined scholarship opportunities including South Africa Scholarships from 100’s of schools and only these make our TOP 10 list.